Women Development Cell
The Women Development Cell was established on 1st July 2014 the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai as per the direction of Mumbai University, after the Sexual Harassment Act of 2013 and UGC Guidelines of 2015. It aims to build a gender sensitive campus. The main objective of WDC is to address concerns of gender discrimination and recommend measures and policies for gender parity at the institute.
- To ensure healthy relationship at workplace (Institute) and to promote general wellbeing of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff in the institute.
- To undertake the awareness programs on gender sensitization, women rights and women empowerment in campus.
- To ensure protection of girls/women studying/working from sexual harassment in the premises through workshop and hands-on training of Self-defense.
- To organize workshops and seminars on health and hygiene education for students.
- To organize the gender awareness through screening of films/street plays/ posters/slogans/essay competition.
- To organize the programs with other associations of the college such as Students council, Cultural Association, etc.
- To provide a platform to girls/women studying and working in the institute to express their views and show their special talents.