Electronics & Telecommunication
Rajiv Gandhi institute of Technology started the course in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (EXTC), in 1992 with the intake of 60. In the year 2009, it was increased to 120.Since then the intake at the undergraduate level is 120. In the year 2012, Department started M.E. Program in Electronics & Telecommunication with the intake of 18 students. The Department has also initiated the Research center for Ph. D program.
The department is having the state-of-the-art infrastructure, which includes ventilated class rooms, laboratories and staff rooms. All the classrooms and laboratories are equipped with modern amenities such as multimedia projection, internet access. The college is also having Wireless Internet access for all the departments. The department is having highly qualified, Experienced and dedicated teaching and supporting staff. Under the guidance of the management and principal, the department is flourishing by leaps and bounds. It helped the department to attract not only meritorious students but also the rank holders in the first year admission done on the basis of their marks in CET examination. The department is committed to excellence in teaching learning process. The department believes in all round development of the students through continuous students-industry interaction. All the students are members of IEEE. The students actively participate in various activities under IEEE. The department has departmental library which has all the important text books, conference proceeding and journal. This is besides the central library which is very well equipped. The faculty actively participates in research and consultancy work.
- To impart quality education through state of art academic disciplines.
- To educate the students to be professionally competent for industry and for future academic and research programme.
- To strive for excellence in faculty and students by encouraging skill development, creativity, capability and applicability.
- To encourage faculty, staff and students by involving them in socio-economic and socio-cultural activities.
- To support the institutes research activities and consultancy services by introducing the post graduate and doctoral programme in near future.
- The Institute envisions to develop itself into an institute of academic excellence and to develop outstanding managers and technocrats who make valuable contribution to the global business and society to suit their ever changing needs.
Program Education Objective
- Core Competence: To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- Domain Knowledge: To provide training to solve problems relevant to the general practice of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering and engineering design.
- Engineering Citizenship:To inculcate in the students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, team work skills, multi-disciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- Entrepreneurship: To prepare students for being a successful entrepreneur that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- Life Long Learning: Graduates will recognize the importance of, and have the skills for, continued independent learning to become experts in their chosen fields and to broaden their professional knowledge. Curriculum mapping is the implementation of curriculum design. It is a systematic development of assessment, curriculum and instruction. The mapping process discusses what is taught, how and when the instruction is taught. Mapping also enables the process of data collection that identifies core content, processes and assessment in each subject area. This data collection improves the communication and instruction in all curricular areas.
- Acquire and understand fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles.
- Apply engineering tools and techniques to conduct engineering design/experiments as well as to analyze data.
- Apply critical thinking in designing and evaluating components, processes and systems related to electronic and communication engineering.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- To comprehend professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- To familiarize with modern engineering methods and analysis using software and state of the art equipment to analyze problems.
- Acknowledge the need for, and be able to engage in life-long learning.
- Appreciate the social, cultural, global and environmental responsibilities of a professional engineer with awareness of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and to face challenges in engineering.
LIST OF Rank holders in the University of Mumbai Examination
(Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engg)
List of GATE Scorer-2011
|Year || Name of the student || Rank |
|1996 - 1997|| Singh Archana J. || 5th |
| 1997-1998 ||Sathe Varsha |
Nair vidya R.
| 10th |
| 2001-2002 ||Bhattacharya Ranjana || 9th |
| 2002-2003 ||Naram Bhavin Jayantilal ||1st |
| 2007-2008 ||Gorakhpuri patrika B. |
Gandhi Amita Jayashankar
G. Sharmila Devi P Chellapa
| 1st |
| 2011-2012 ||Ms. Kanchan Joshi ||2nd |
||Name of Student