Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of engineering, physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production, and operation of machines and tools. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines. The department of Mechanical engineering was established since inception of this institute in1992. Department offers B.E. course in Mechanical Engineering and M.E. courses in Thermal Engineering. A team of highly qualified and experienced staff is the major strength of this department. The department mainly focuses on cutting edge technologies and aware its students about the current trends in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The academic leadership of department aims at preparing students for the better and secure future. To accomplish this, it conducts seminars, workshops and lectures by inviting experts from the academic institutes of high repute and industry. Department promotes various research and development activities initiated by its staff and the students. Extracurricular activities are regularly conducted to explore the hidden talents and inculcate qualities required for employability of the students.
- The department/Institute envisions to develop itself into department/institute of academic excellence and to develop outstanding managers and technocrats, who can make valuable contributions to the global business and society to suit their ever changing needs.
- To impart quality education through state of art academic disciplines.
- To educate mechanical engineers of the highest quality in order to conduct state-of-the-art research & to provide high quality UG & PG programs in Mechanical Engineering
- To strive for excellence in faculty and students by encouraging skill development, creativity, capability and applicability.
- To support the institute’s research activities and consultancy services by introducing the doctoral programs in near future.
- To encourage students by involving them in socio-economic and socio-cultural activities.
- To locate the industry-institute interaction area for promoting growth of practical usage.
- To strengthen the institute through network of alumni and maximize use of such resources.
Program Education Objective
- Preparation: To prepare students become generalist engineers with system’s thinking for complex problem solving and steer the organization towards higher studies at global level.
- Core Competence: To provide students with the fundamentals of Engineering Sciences, Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Design, Computer Integrated Design & Manufacturing.
- Breadth: To impart students with good scientific and engineering breadth for the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of man, material and machine for the real life society problems
- Professionalism: To inculcate the value systems, leadership and team work, skills, bring holistic development of personality, professional ethics and to promote entrepreneurial thinking among students.
- Learning environment: To provide students with state of art learning and academic environment that encourages rigor and stimulated innovative thinking for successful professional career.
- Graduates will exhibit knowledge of basic engineering and sciences, design engineering, production technology and thermal engineering
- Graduates will exhibit ability to identify, formulate, solve and implement solutions for engineering, managerial and societal problems.
- Graduates will exhibit to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data through simulated industrial environment.
- Graduates will exhibit ability to design products, processes and systems to meet the economic, environment, social, ethical and technological norms for sustenance.
- Graduates will exhibit ability to comprehend and solve multidisciplinary engineering problems through systematic approach.
- Graduates will familiarize with modern engineering methods and analysis using software and state of the art equipment to analyze problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of values and professional ethics in their activities.
- Graduates will be effective in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Graduates will show the ability to appreciate contemporary issues and develop solution for societal betterment at micro and macro levels.
- Graduates will develop an attitude of continuous learning.
- Graduates will develop confidence to face challenges in their career.